MDT AUTOSAVE (Change Management Solution)
Comprehensive Change Control for Any Type of Environment Utilizing Automated Assets
Make a program change you wish you had not? Lose the only copy of the device program? Not sure if the program running in the device is the right one? AutoSave has you covered. Interacting seamlessly with editor packages, AutoSave provides: version control, archival backups, change detection, change documentation, historical tracking, secured user access, disaster recovery and automatic change notification in:
- SCADA Systems
- Reduce Errors & Downtime: Common Central Repository of All Program Changes with Automated Retrieval, The key to rapid recovery is the ability to access and download the correct automation program to the device. A common central repository of all program changes ensures that if a device fails, the most current copies of program logic and documentation are available so plant operations can be restored quickly and correctly.
- Protect Users & Assets:Change Comparison and Notification; User Access and Security Control; MDT AutoSave manages access to program folders and programs via a flexible privileging system. When physical access to automation devices is prohibited (ensuring changes can only be made through AutoSave) all changes in program logic are recorded by user, date, time, location and specific change detail. When physical access to the devices is possible, the program running in each device is periodically compared with the program copy on file in AutoSave and differences are identified. An email notification is then sent highlighting these differences.
- Increase Quality & Compliance:Electronic Approval and Audit Trails; Historical Record of Changes; There can be numerous disks and laptops located throughout the plant, each containing different program and document versions. Inefficiencies are inevitable, costly and even dangerous. AutoSave™ electronic approval and audit trail support ensures manufacturers that processes have not been altered without approval or documentation. The unique change control features, including internal security capabilities, have long been beneficial to regulated industry sites in meeting the requirements of the FDA, including compliance with 21 CFR 11.
Change Management for Disconnected and Remote Assets: AutoSave supports non-networked devices by allowing you to make changes to programs in the field then analyze and sync all changes to the server back at the office.
- View a history of changes performed on each device
- Undo changes in the field with a simple button push
- Compare the program running in the device to the program on the engineer’s laptop
- Copy programs to create new programs in the field