Functional Safety Frequency-to-DC Transmitter with Display
The SFY Functional Safety SIL 3 capable Frequency-to-DC Transmitter with Display is part of Moore Industries’ FS Functional Safety Series. It monitors frequency, period, high or low pulse width, and contact closure signals and converts the input signal to a proportional, input-to-output isolated 4-20mA output ready for direct interface with a Safety System, readout instrument, recorder, PLC, DCS, SCADA system. The 2-wire (loop-powered) SFY is ideal for use in your Safety Instrumented System (SIS) in a wide range of process and factory automation monitoring applications:
- Turbine Tachometer Generators
- Turbine Flow Meters
- Magnetic Pickups
- Dry Contact Closures
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Rotating Equipment
- Pulse and Frequency Output Transducers
- Motor and Conveyor Speed
- exida certified to IEC 61508:2010. Certified by exida to IEC 61508 for systematic integrity up to SIL 3 and for random integrity up to SIL 2. This means that an SFY is approved for single use in Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) up to SIL 2 and in a redundant architecture (1oo2, 2oo3, etc.) up to SIL 3.
- Comprehensive FMEDA certified safety data. Upon request, exida-certified FMEDA data is available for a functional safety practitioner to use in determining the SFY’s applicability in specific safety-related applications.
- Exceptional accuracy and long-term stability. Typical accuracy is ±0.025% of span with up to 5 years between scheduled calibrations.
- Sets up in minutes with PC software. You can choose, and then view to confirm, all application specific operating parameters.
- Versatile input choices. Measures frequency ranges between an amazingly low 0.005Hz up to 25kHz; periods from 40microseconds to 200sec; and pulse widths from 0.2msec to 200 seconds.
- Programmable moving average filter. Minimizes measurement instability caused by the effects of bent turbine blades and other frequency variations.
- User-configurable display. A 5-digit LCD shows the process variable in selectable engineering units.
- Input-to-output isolated and RFI/EMI protected. Resistant to unpredictable ground loops and the harmful effects of plant and equipment “noise”.